Monday, January 13, 2014

vegan chocolate shake.

if you know me, you know that i am a huge (huge!!!!) fan of desert. it's my biggest weakness and my greatest vice. alas, i have given desert up (for the time being). i am following a vegan diet both for health benefits and weight loss. i am following the "eat to live" plan, outlined in this book which i highly recommend. the crux of the diet is this: 90% of the food you eat should be high nutrient dense foods, namely vegetables, legumes, fruit, nuts, and seeds- which leaves 10% of foods (of 150 calories) a day to eat non-nutrient dense foods like grains. so i have had to find substitutions for my beloved desert…




here is my go-to chocolate (vegan) shake.

ingredients:
2 cups frozen blueberries
1 banana
5 oz spinach
2/3 cup almond milk
4 dates
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp ground flaxseed

blend. enjoy.

















this recipe was taken from "eat to live" by joel fuhrman

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...