Here is a little blurb about my favorite things this fall. Enjoy!
1. Black and White: I got an amazing scarf for the fall, it's a large black and white hounds-tooth and it's AMAZING. I think it will be my go-to signature accessory this fall! Black and white hounds-tooth scarf...YES, those are pom-pom's!!
2. Animal Print: OMG, I have LOVED animal prints of all kind (and on anything under the sun) for as long as I can remember and I couldn't be happier that animal print is HUGE this fall/winter!
3. Starbucks Double Shot Lite Espresso and Cream: I am a new mom, and this is a must in the mornings. I buy in bulk at target! They are delicious and only 60 calories. AMAZE-Balls!
4. Boat Shoe: I know, I know- the boat shoe is notorious for the spring/summer season. I just happen to be obsessed with the boat shoe for all seasons. They have an amazing shape, look great on men and women (and kids for that matter), are relatively inexpensive, and make any jeans and white t-shirt outfit look polished...just add fabulous hounds-tooth scarf :)
these boat shoes are especially fabulous because they combine animal print (favorite #2 and boat!) Sperry, sperry.com
5. Flared jeans. I think flared jeans are awesome, especially if they have a trouser bottome. I especially love Rachel Zoe's...you can grab them at Bloomingdale's!
6. Heirloom jewelry: it's dainty, it's classic, and it's beautifully understated. I'm not a huge jewelry person (I wish I was-because costume jewelry can make any outfit fabulous), but I do love to have nice pieces that can go with [most] outfits universally. I also like it to be good enough quality to put it on and forget about it for a month. (Sorry Tony, your wife does not do fake.... ;)
7. Forever 21: Yes it's a store. I have not spent a whole lot of time or money in that store over the years, however, I did just recently purchase a great sweater that is super trendy at the moment. It's an Aztek print...it will be worn this fall and winter and then probably thrown in the goodwill bin. Thank you Forever 21 for making it so inexpensive to be trendy!
8. Late 1960's/Early 70's English country: I love riding boots, rusty colored cords, a crisp button down...this look makes me want to require my baby to call me Mummy and join me for tea in late afternoon. Basically, I want to hop into Tommy Hilfiger's ad campaign (which demonstrates this look to a tee) and run around with all the perfectly stylized models!
9.Vibram Five-Finger shoes: I know I'm a bit late in the game on these...but I bought them last month and LOVE them. They are perfect for running, hiking, and power walking :) Also, they encourage your feet and legs to work muscles you've never worked before, so the legs get noticeably toned in different places. SCORE!
10. Last but not least; Root Veggies: Yes, vegetables are on my Fall Favorites list. This is the perfect time of year to eat root veggies. Here is a fantastic recipe that I got from my mother-in-law. (Thanks Kath!!)
2 cups brussle sprouts (cut in half)
1 cup carrots
5 fingerling potatoes (cut them in half)
1 cup onion (cut in thick wedges)
garlic cloves (whole, you choose how many)
1 cup (more or less) parsnip
1 table spoon olive oil
1 table spoon balsamic vinegar
*coat these veggies in the balsamic vinegar and olive oil
*bake in oven at 375 for 40 min.